Friday, November 11, 2005

Pat robertson

Pat Robinson tells us
“I’d like to say to the good citizens of Dover. If there is a disaster in your area, don’t turn to God, you just rejected Him from your city. And don’t wonder why He hasn’t helped you when problems begin, if they begin. I’m not saying they will, but if they do, just remember, you just voted God out of your city. And if that’s the case, don’t ask for His help because he might not be there.”

Clearly Pat is either a person who loves to lie via exageration or is an idiot of considerable magnitude.

as Dr Petorius notes
If so, what is the proper procedure here if we wanted to vote God out of, say, a city. Also - does it have to be a city? I mean, I understand that a country is probably also possible (or at least I wouldn't be surprised), but how about something smaller? Could I take a poll in my apartment building and have him voted out? (Would I have to get the landlord to revoke his implicit lease or something? How would this affect his omnipresence - and would people who do claim to feel the presence of God in their normal day to day lives feel the difference when they walked across the threshold? I sense a possible testing procedure forming...)

Alternatively, if it was possible could we just vote him off the planet entirely?


But that isnt the only problem the second one relates to whether god has some special natural disaster programe for non believers. Surprisingly the emperical evidence doesnt seem to indicate that with disasters hitting places that exist on fault lines and floods hitting cities built under sea level as opposed to magically occuring everytime/where a non christian law is passed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home