Saturday, January 21, 2006

Songs that make me think

Songs that make me think (skipping the romantic ones)

Anggun - snow on the Sahara

"If that’s the only place where you can leave your debts - I'll hold you up and be your way out"
[Helping someone]

Nickleback - photograph
"Every memory of walking out the front door I found the memory of the friend that I was looking for"
[Memories]

U2 beautiful day

"You’ve been all over and it's been all over you - it’s a beautiful day don’t let it get away"
[Smell the roses]

Nsync - sailing

"Well it's not far down to paradise at least its not for me"
[Finding your own peace in little things]

John Farnum - that's Freedom
[Freedom - something people fight and die for]

R Kelly - the worlds greatest
Chesney - the one and only
[Maybe you ARE that good]

Willie nelson - the highwayman
"Ill find a place to rest my spirit if I can perhaps I will become a highwayman again or perhaps I will be a single drop of rain but I will remain..."
[An eternal soul - a Buddhist sort of an outlook on life]

Jimmy Barnes - working class man

"Working hard to make a living bringing shelter from the rain fathers some left to carry on blue denim in his veins"
"Simple man with a heart of gold in a complicated land"

Savage garden - Affirmation
[I believe we place our happiness in other people’s hands, I believe that beauty magazines promote low self esteem, I believe the struggle for financial freedom is unfair - I believe the only ones who disagree are millionaires.

Peter Gabriel and Kate bush - don’t give up
"No one wants you when you loose"
[You can loose in the eyes of the world the world isn’t fair]

Bruce Hornsby and the range - the way it is
"say hey little boy you can't go where the others go because you don’t look the way they do, says hey old man how can you stand to think that way."
[Standing up against unfairness]

R Kelly - Gotham city

"City of justice - we all need it."
[Justice - nice to imagine it exists]

Mike and the mechanics - silent running
"Teach the children quietly, for some day sons and daughters will rise up and fight while we sit still"

Midnight oil - forgotten years
"The hardest years the wildest years the desperate and divided years (we will remember) these shall not be forgotten years!" "Our shore line was never invaded our country was never in flames"

Dire straights - brothers in arms
General: "we are fools to make war on our brothers in arms"

Phil Collins - we wait and we wonder
"We wonder just what they must be thinking to take the life of one so young"
"How can the scars ever heal when all is said and done?"
"Killing the old, the innocent, the young, while sons follow in fathers footsteps not understanding that what they do could be so wrong"
[Terrorists and freedom fighters and so forth mindlessly creating their own quagmires of death]

Phil Collins - both sides
"They’ve been fighting here for years but now there is killing on the streets while small coffins are lined up sadly now united in defeat"
[Fighters creating their own quagmire]

Dune - who wants to live forever (I like it better with a girl singing it)
"This world has only one sweet moment set aside for us"
"Who wants to live forever?"
[me?]

West life - seasons in the sun

It's hard to die when all the birds are singing in the sky"
[We all die]

Our Lady Peace - Innocent -
"We are all innocent"
[true from a certain perspective]
"I remember all the feelings and the day they stopped"
[escaping from the tyranny of our feelings]

Phil Collins - I wish it would rain down on me
[The kind of pleasantness in depression and not caring anymore]

Black Men United
"and I regained my name"

Boyzone : father and son
"I was once like you are now..."

Linkin park - in the end
"I had to fall to loose it all but in the end it doesn’t even matter"
[the world is unfair]

mattafix - big city life
"don’t you ever get lonely from time to time – don’t let the system get you down"
[sometimes the system itself harms its members]

Melanie c - if that were me
"would they look if that were me, how did you fall did you fall at all."

Mike and the mechanics - the living years
"every generation, blames the one before - and all of their frustrations come beating on your door, I know that I’m a prisoner to all my father held dear, I know that I’m a hostage to all his hopes and fears, I just wish I could have told him in the living years."
[how we are effected by parents]
"we all talk a different language talking in defense" "you can listen as well as you hear" "we sacrifice the future its the bitterness that lasts"
[We make arguments by how we talk even more than what we talk about of ten there is very little in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home