Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Lockwood smith and media reporting

Lockwood Smith has been caught up in a bit of a scandal. He was caught saying

"the physically smaller Asian people are better at some of the jobs in the vineyard, the pacific people are better at some of the jobs in the vineyard, the Asian people are better at some of the jobs they just have smaller hands, I mean I wouldn't be that good at some of the nimble finger work"

Now there are some shall we say unproductive undertones to this and another other quote where he talks about RSE training which are worthy of consideration - they may reveal somthign about Lockwood Smith. I personally wouldn't want him in charge of a portfolio.

Maybe lockwood smith has been caught saying hte same thing twice (mine comes from a tape of him) but I note that the quote most people are using below

“There are some skills in the vineyard that some people are perhaps better at. For example some of the pruning … some of the Asian workers have been more productive … because their hands are smaller.”

I supose I an nitpicking but it seems that has a lot of "..." in it. I wish people would actually repeat the whole quote without taking artistic licence or not pretend it is a proper quote. That might even remove the defence by the politicians who say "the quote is out of context".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home